John,

Assuming some reasonable answers to Rob's questions..namely this user
of on the local LAN like everybody else...

Have him try using somebody else's PC.

If he's still slow, then there is something different about his setup on the i.

If he runs normally, then there's something going on with his PC.

I'd bet on the latter....something on his PC is sucking up the CPU
cycles needed by client access to update the screen.

Charles