I'm sure you've done this already but, when you get to the command line on the system you're having difficulty with have you checked to ensure the swap actually occurred?

Also are you able to use option 9 in the wrklnk session to see the object's authority setings?

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Versfelt, Charles
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 7:41 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: CPDB053 accessing QNTC subfolder

Sorry, I should have mentioned... class 1, error code 5.

I'm running under the same user profiles on both systems, which should have the same authorities.
I call under the same profiles, and then, before accessing QNTC the program "swaps" to a user profile (SWAPUSRPRF password *NOPWD) that was specifically set up on both systems to access QNTC.

Charlie

Message ID . . . . . . : CPDB053
Date sent . . . . . . : 10/16/12 Time sent . . . . . . : 15:34:48

Message . . . . : Error exchanging security information for user QNTCUSER on
Network Server ARTAPP.

Cause . . . . . : The Network Server file system (QNTC) has encountered an
error when authenticating user QNTCUSER with a Network Server ARTAPP.
Recovery . . . : Ensure the following:
- The user is set up on Network Server ARTAPP.
- The OS/400 user password matches the Network Server user password.
- Network Server ARTAPP is enabled for digitally signed communications.
Technical description . . . . . . . . : An error has been detected while the
Network Server file system was exchanging security information with a
Network Server. The error class was 1, and the error code was 5.
Possible error class and error code values include:

Message ID . . . . . . : CPDB053
Date sent . . . . . . : 10/16/12 Time sent . . . . . . : 15:34:48

Class 0 - QNTC specifc security error.
1 - QNTC requires digital signing.
Class 1 - Network Server operating system related error.
1 - Not valid Function.
2 - File not found.
3 - Directory not valid.
4 - Too many files open.
5 - Access denied.
Class 2 - Error generated by the Network Server.
1 - Non-specific error code.
2 - Bad password.
3 - Directory not valid.
4 - Access denied.

RE: CPDB053 accessing QNTC subfolder

Charlie,
Is your program running with the same/appropriate authority on both systems?
Also, you did not say what the error class and code are . . .

This email message has been delivered safely and archived online by Mimecast. For more information please visit http://www.mimecast.com