PLEASE Let me make this VERY clear.

TR5 is *NOT released nor generally available. The midrange.com community above all other communities MUST understand the difference between a TR and an MF PTF.

Technology Refresh groups for IBM i 7.1 are ordered as SF99707 in the same way as any other PTF group. This group will contain many PTFs both SI and MF. The current TR is TR 4 and among other PTFs it includes MF99004.

There is an MF99005 PTF that is available today. This PTF is NOT TR5. It does include the major LIC updates which are required for TR5 but does not provide the new function that TR5 has advertised.

Rule1: MF9900q is included in and is the primary LIC component of TRq.
Rule2: MF9900q is but a subset of TRq.

Let's all be clear when we reference TRq that we are speaking about SF99707 and that if you have TRq then you will see 'q' in WRKPTFGRP for SF99707.

If we are speaking only about MF9900q then please refer to that rather than the TRq. MANY of you will have MF99005 already as IBM is recommending that for systems with FC #5913 RAID cards, FC #5887 SAS drawers and the new 387GB SSD.

- Larry