That's a few disparate items:
- Securing SQL
- Optimizing performance.

On Sunday I will be driving to Columbus OH and attending COMMON. Dawn May
will be there and she will have quite a few sessions on optimizing
performance on SQL. She's good.

Optimization often includes:
- making sure you have the right stuff in the right QAQQINI file. Don't
just hunt it up and look at it. Read up on it first!
- Reviewing the numerous items available for free in iNav to tune SQL.
Index advisor is just one of them.

Security boils down to 4 or 5 areas.
- Locking all users out of accessing any data files and they have to use a
program. Often called "application only access".
- Using Exit Point programs to watchdog this. Have a healthy check ready.
- locking sql applications. Just locking STRSQL is a joke. There's also
.. STRQM
.. RUNSQLSTM
.. iNav's Run SQL Scripts
.. QSH utilities
.. and a plethora more
- Locking the general populace out of STRSQL and encouraging STRQM
instead. In there you do have the capability to restrict by statement.
For example, allow a select but don't allow UPDATE or INSERT. This helps
but doesn't plug all holes mentioned above.