Hi Folks, we are starting to use SQL more and more, going away from QRYDFN's. From an admin perspective, Is there a tutorial or docs or tip sheets, etc. that would give me info on how to secure SQL properly and to make it perform at optimum and to not slow down other system functions?
Thanks, Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Sep 14, 2012 10:13 pm
Subject: Re: From QRYDFN to SQL

Yes, I guess I mean that.
Now there is an interface to QM that can be very much like that of
uery/400 - STRQM - option 1 to work with queries has a prompted option,
here it is a lot like WRKQRY. Option 2 is for working with forms -
gain, it is a lot like Query/400 in its presentation options.
It still ends up creating a QMQRY, which is actually SQL. And
ventually, people might start to like using real SQL to specify the
tatements.
You are able to do some security within this interface, too, so that
eople can only do SELECTs - others can be allowed to do any SQL
tatement allowed in an interactive kind of thing.
Worth a look, perhaps.
Vern