From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ron Adams
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:41 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: IBM is trying to kill me - or wants me to kill them! - RESOLVED

Perhaps "killing" is an exaggeration. At the very least, they added to my frustration and made things difficult for me to do my job today.

I experienced numerous issues here with 1) Trying to find the iAccess site,
2) Finding the right patch, 3) Getting the patch to install 4) Finding the fix to the patch
5) Getting the fix to the patch to install. It was like a comedy of errors, only NOT funny when faced with all of the other issues this Admin had to deal with today.

I just have to say that for all the hassle we (and others) give Microsoft, they are at least better about helping you with finding help when you need it on their site. I can usually find the solutions I need on their support site, not so on IBM. The easiest solution I've found to finding help from IBM is Google. That, in my opinion, is a problem if you're one of the biggest software/hardware solutions providers in the world.

Luckily, there are kind and knowledgeable folks here in this community who responded much quicker than IBM, who still hasn't on the 2 email messages I submitted in regards to this issue.

Before I sent this, I went back to the i Access site and looked for help on the C++ installer error, but didn't see it. Maybe I'm just blind or impatient, but I'm not seeing it.

Thanks y'all!

Ron