The other limit on twinax I recall was distance of 1000 feet. I
haven't paced it off yet, but computer is in basement of hospital.
Proposed location is on third floor of connected building. If the
length is still an issue even with baluns than I kind of wonder if it
would work there.

Computer is a 520, running v5r4. On it's way out. Main functions are
to be removed in about 75 days. They have a countdown clock posted
outside the cafeteria. The 520 will continue to be used to close out
accounts for a number of months

Printer was booted from the computer room when it became "the server
room". Reason was the dust from printing. Network guy complained
that air filters on other equipment needed to be cleaned "too often".
Location it is in now is being repurposed, again.

We print (when it is working) a lot of paper through it. Reports
aren't as easy to read on 8.5 x 11 paper. I did get one application
to select legal size paper on a Xerox. But, there is still the issue
of loose pNone of this will matter very soon. Adapt or die, I
suppose.

John McKee