From: CRPence

On 16 Aug 2012 12:40, Porterfield, Sean wrote:
<<SNIP>>

I vaguely recall seeing something recently on the list about doing an
ls and getting results in a file (or possibly stmf). I actually recall
seeing a lot of similar things, but I haven't been good at locating
them. That's what happens when the project comes up after someone else
has already resolved their issue. :)

FWiW: An archive List Search on the following three tokens "sftp"
"ls" "2012" [specified undelimited] yielded the following thread, which might be what is recalled.?:

_i Retrieve remote ls command results i_
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012
http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/201208/threads.html#00149

Thanks, Chuck. I knew it was recent. I'm juggling testing changes in the program, searching the web, and reading the list and wasn't clear - I didn't actually try to find the ls discussion; I was searching for previous discussions of Qp2RunPase and sftp -b that might show where I got the code and if it should generally be expected to do what I want, as well as options to get different results based on what the error was.

I just tested the "ssh user@host ls -l" command, and it hangs against the server I need to hit. It works on one of my local servers, so I know the syntax is good. (Also, the post came from Scott Klement, so those things generally do tend to work correctly.)

At this point, I'm really tempted to just add "exit 0" at the end of my shell script or just stop checking for the error in the first place.

I did try Peter Dow's suggestion of capturing the result of the Qp2RunPase call, and it just gave me 1 which doesn't tell me much either.
--
Sean Porterfield

This email is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged. If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender immediately and delete this email message from your computer as any and all unauthorized distribution or use of this message is strictly prohibited. Thank you.