The same is true about WRKDSKSTS... F10 to restart the averaging.

best regards,

Roberto

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Dan Kimmel <dkimmel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Use F10 instead of F5. F5 may be running stats over a very long period of time. As per the behavior I've seen, stats start accumulating when you start WRKACTJOB, any F5 CPU percents are averages over that entire period of time until you hit F10 to refresh.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jerry C. Adams
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2012 2:28 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: WRKACTJOB Discrepancies

V5R1 iSeries. Don't ask why ('cause I don't know), but I ran WRKACTJOB on two different sessions, under the same profile (mine). The CPU % on one session shows 24.3, but on the other session it shows 6.9.

I have refreshed (F5) several times on both sessions and the wide variance still shows up (though, of course, the numbers change slightly). The WRKACTJOB for session D3 registers as .00, even after several refreshes, for the WRKACTJOB run from session D2.

I signed off of both sessions and logged in again. Now the difference is minute.

What am I *not* understanding here? I have usually relied upon the WRKACTJOB command to let me know who or what is impeding progress on the system and used F5 to refresh the display.

Thanks.

Session D2:

Work with Active Jobs DTO

08/13/12 12:23:10

CPU %: 24.3 Elapsed time: 05:49:54 Active jobs: 127

Type options, press Enter.

2=Change 3=Hold 4=End 5=Work with 6=Release 7=Display message

8=Work with spooled files 13=Disconnect ...

Opt Subsystem/Job User Type CPU % Function Status

QBATCH QSYS SBS .0 DEQW

DTOORDERS AJERRY BCH .3 DLY-600 DLYW

QCMN QSYS SBS .0 DEQW

QCTL QSYS SBS .0 DEQW

QSYSSCD QPGMR BCH .0 PGM-QEZSCNEP EVTW

QINTER QSYS SBS .0 DEQW

D2 AJERRY INT 4.6 CMD-WRKACTJOB RUN

D3 AJERRY INT .0 CMD-WRKACTJOB DSPW

G1 ASANDY INT .0 PGM-CHGAPPSC DSPW

Session D3:

Work with Active Jobs
DTO

08/13/12
12:23:07

CPU %: 6.9 Elapsed time: 00:00:50 Active jobs: 127

Type options, press Enter.

2=Change 3=Hold 4=End 5=Work with 6=Release 7=Display message

8=Work with spooled files 13=Disconnect ...

Opt Subsystem/Job User Type CPU % Function Status

QBATCH QSYS SBS .0 DEQW

DTOORDERS AJERRY BCH .0 DLY-600 DLYW

QCMN QSYS SBS .0 DEQW

QCTL QSYS SBS .0 DEQW

QSYSSCD QPGMR BCH .0 PGM-QEZSCNEP EVTW

QINTER QSYS SBS .0 DEQW

D2 AJERRY INT 2.4 CMD-WRKACTJOB DSPW

D3 AJERRY INT 2.9 CMD-WRKACTJOB RUN

G1 ASANDY INT .0 PGM-CHGAPPSC DSPW

Jerry C. Adams

IBM i Programmer/Analyst

When designing a program to handle all possible dumb errors, nature creates a dumber user.

--

A&K Wholesale

Murfreesboro, TN

615-867-5070