From: John Mathew <johnmathew400@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 08/07/2012 09:41 PM
Subject: Re: Password Security

Iam trying to force mixed case. Tried with QPWDLVL but no results has
found.

Its allowing me to enter lower or upper cases that I dont want.Actually
it has to restrict and force to mixed case.

It sounds like you may be running into the problem where someone may use
"gLuTtOn8" as their password and it seems to cause some confusion when
going to the i. There are some notes from IBM on this. We just tell our
users to use either all lower case or all upper case and that works for
now.

In above case if password entered as gLuTtOn8 but when it comes to Iseries
it reads as GLUTTON8 is it that way.

If so force mixed case is of no use.

Please correct me if Iam wrong.

Jo