Just wanted to post this for posterity in case it comes in useful for
someone down the road.

We've had an issue with the P4Ts since we deployed them. They *always*
print a blank label after *every* label in the file sent to them. No
amount of printer configuration, adjustment of the label format,
calibration, different media, etc. had any effect on it.

What was particularly maddening is that it *only* happened when the
label got there via LPR from the iSeries. I could send it via FTP from
windows or the iSeries, worked fine. I could send it via windows command
line LPR, worked fine. Send it via a remote outq on the iSeries, and an
extra label for every label printed. Every time.

And to make it more fun, all of the Zebra Xi IIIs that we have don't do
this. Exactly the same ZPL, RMTOUTQs configured the same, you name it.

Needless to say, it made the printers wasteful (50% wasted labels...one
user took to rewinding the smaller spools with the much cheaper bulk
labels we use in the Xi IIIs to try to save $$.) and frustrating to use.

So today I've been following along on the Printronix issue, and
realizing that we use ZPL to generate labels, so page control is nothing
but line noise, I decided to put together a WSCST object that mapped
0x0C to 0x20, and it worked. No more extra labels.

So there. A fix for the P4Ts, and a big thanks to the list members for
sharing their knowledge.

- George