I have a copy of the *SYSTEM control group working (almost), with the
following entries:

Backup
Seq Items Exit command
10 *EXIT CALL PGM(TCBRMS/TC2SX1)
20 *SAVSYS
30 *IBM
40 *ALLUSR
50 *ALLDLO
60 *LINK
70 *EXIT CALL PGM(TCBRMS/TC2SX2)

The first exit program just shuts down user subsystems, and sets a few
bytes in some data area etc.
Then the backup items run.

Since this is a "system save", the default policies are used to put the
system in restricted state and all of the above works anticipated.

The problem however is when the second exit program runs.

This exit program does the following (in order):

MOVEMEDBRM
STRMNTBRM to generate the recovery reports
SNDTCPSPLF to send the generated reports to my production system so that
they can be emailed and kept offsite.

The problem is that when SNDTCPSPLF runs it appears that TCP hasn't started
yet. I can see in the job log that the error messages on SNDTCPSPLF (Cannot
resolve host name) occurs about five minutes before TCP is started.

My question is when does BRMS exit restricted state and TCP and subsystems
etc. get re-started? Before, during or after the exit program?

(Disclaimer - this is my first foray into BRMS.)

Thanks, Jerry

Gerald Kern - Information Technology
Programming Supervisor
IBM Certified RPG IV Developer