On 18 May 2012 17:52, rick baird wrote:
some of the folks in QA/CS and one of the developers use that date a
lot (it's handy, but there are other ways) and they're pissed off it
has changed due to updating the top comments in almost all of the
programs - about 2k source members strung over 7 versions of the
software. I'm trying to make them happy.

I recall the recommendation from the database team to all Source \ Software Change Management features was to implement their own version control [could include their own "date\time" related values] beyond the provided source change date\time to prevent such issues. That is, the recommendation was to not present the "Last source update date/time" to a user because that value is invariably going to lead to just such /problems/ with perceptions; e.g. in like situations. IMO the WRKMBRPDM is not designed as an SCM, regardless some of its features give some sense of that purpose as its intent.

if we do anything about it, it will be to use AnyDate to change the
system date and then change the member type or update the first line
or something. We might not do anything, but I was hoping for an easy
way to do it, of which there doesn't seem to be.

Doubtful [very much so], but if the database ignores a timestamp from an earlier period and leaves the member "Last source update date/time" unchanged, then that work would be for naught. The change to a previous date as a requirement, if the software to override the date value is yet to be purchased, then best to verify the effect before committing to both the planning [the effort to make the changes] and the purchasing.

Regards, Chuck