If you want to run the DB and webservers on POWER you need POWER
blades or POWER servers. IF you want that weird integration of POWER
and System x you need IBM servers, BUT if you want the DB hosted on
the POWER and servers accessing said DB over the net you are free to
use whatever hardware and software you want.
I had a client that used to have integrated xseries and eventually
replaced them with a bigass DELL server and a pair of GigE links to
the server. (they had windows apps accessing the DB2 base).

With POWER you can:

Run the DB2 Database
Run DNS (but no Active Directory integration if you use that)
Run WebServers (Tomcat AFAIK) but no IIS (that is WINDOWS and
therefore x86 only)
Do backups or HA (varying amounts of money required)

Also, it makes no sense to talk about iSCSI and blades UNLESS the
blades are used as initiators and not as targets since blades usually
lack decent amounts of storage.