On 09 May 2012 08:59, J Franz wrote:
I have seen sample code of even dynamically creating a copy,
altering it, then CHGQRYA, but we are looking at

How or why would that help, if the issue is knowing both what to effect via, and then the authority to effect, the CHGQRYA?

high volume data entry, need sub-second response.

That requirement seems a logical reason to avoid any create of a QAQQINI. Creation on the object-based system is already expensive, DataBase Files especially, but that specific DBF object is particularly expensive.

I wonder though, since usage of query options should be the exception rather than the rule, what environment requires such an amount of tweaking?

Right now it appears the QIBM_DB_SQLADM function usage is our best
option.

As I understand how those "Function Usage" permissions work, like authority, they are available from a [supplemental] group profile. Creating a user profile SQLADMIN with no private nor special authorities, and then changing any particular user to have the user SQLADMIN as a supplemental group might be an option as well. That may or may not be better for assigning and tracking the capability.

Regards, Chuck