Thanks again and how is the reboot of the HMC done after an upgrade to the HMC?

-----Original Message-----
From: rob <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, May 2, 2012 3:01 pm
Subject: Re: Power Outage Checklist?

You may want to consider stepping up on all three:
6R1 to i7.1
7R3.3.0.1 to V7R7.4
M320 to EM350
n these last two - you're getting down towards a pinch off of support.
ou're already at the point where you have to stagger upgrades.
ttps://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/power5cm3/emtablep6.html
irst step: Upgrade your HMC from V7R3.3 to V7R3.5
econd step: Upgrade your firmware from EM320 to EM350
hird step: Upgrade your HMC from V7R3.5 to V7R7.4
Staying current on firmware will:
ensure you can put on hardware that needs it with less downtime at the
ime you need it catching up on firmware
be ready for OS upgrades which may require new firmware
if your HMC fries and IBM has to air you a new one preloaded at a higher
evel of HMC code you're ready to go.
Take advantage of fixes and security patches
Staying current on HMC code will:
allow you to use newer browsers which may poorly render prior levels of
MC code!
Get the best of experiences with remote connections and what not
allow you to use latest firmware (see above)
if your power 6 suffers catastrophic hardware loss and needs replacing
ou'll have a hmc ready to go at the latest firmware level.
Even if just your FSP needs replacing it may come preloaded at newer
irmware.
Take advantage of fixes and security patches.
Rob Berendt
-
BM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1
roup Dekko
ept 1600
ail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738