I get the same results on our system at V6R1. Google and digging found this:

http://www.code400.com/forum/showthread.php/1111-Decryption?highlight=encrypt

"I tried what you did and got the same error. I called IBM Software support and was told that you have to use CHAR FOR BIT DATA, VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA, BINARY, VARBINARY or BLOB fields rather than a simple CHAR field. Recreate your file with

CREATE TABLE oezoord (ozcname CHAR(xx) FOR BIT DATA)

and you should be good to go.

Pete"

This thread ...