Yes, I pointed that out at least at V7R1. If I remember your last post it is a single tape device. Guessing a bit, is there a chance you are right at the end of the tape when the save finishes? Ordinarily the single tape drive will honor the save parameter.

Guessing again; Do you have another save command in the library list that may have the default overridden?

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

On 4/26/2012 12:28 PM, Jack Kingsley wrote:
Jim, retrieved the source code, it appears all the options are *leave