Thanks. That's what I was afraid of. There's another application on this machine and it seems to work fine, and I was hesitant to try to break it. I talked to the developer of that app and he's good with upgrading, so I'll ask our server people to uninstall 5.4 and install 6.1 tomorrow.
Bob Evans Farms, Inc
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of DeLong, Eric
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 11:57 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: SQL0104 Token (fieldname) not valid from .NET data provider
I'd say your problem is using Access 5.4 in a 64 bit OS. This might work, but it is NOT a supported configuration. Upgrade the MS Server 2008 to a newer base version should help...
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Maassel, John R.
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:43 AM
Subject: SQL0104 Token (fieldname) not valid from .NET data provider
I'm working on an ASP.NET application that uses our IBM i as the database server. The i is running 6.1. When running on my local PC (Win7 x64, Client Access 6.1), I'm getting the expected results. My queries are running properly. However, I just deployed the app to the QA web server, and am getting the weirdest SQL error ever. That machine is running Server 2008 x64 with Client Access V5R4 installed.
My SQL statement looks like this:
SELECT INVID, INVCONO, INVUNNO, INVNUM, INVDATE, INVVENDNM, INVFOODAMT, INVNFAMT, INVCOMMENT, INVACCT, INVVHVECO, INVVHIREF, INVVHAUDT, INVVHVEND, INVIMS, INVVEND FROM FINPINV WHERE invcono = @cono AND invunno = @unno AND invvhiref IS NULL
I then add the parameters in and run the query. I get:
Token INVUNNO was not valid. Valid tokens: FOR SKIP WITH FETCH ORDER UNION
I then simplify the query to:
SELECT * FROM FINPINV
WHERE invcono = @cono
AND invunno = @unno
AND invvhiref IS NULL
This works as expected on the QA box. However, the SELECT * will probably not pass a code review, and it's not ideal anyway. Since I have fields specified in all of my SQL statements across 10 .cs files, I don't want to go back and change all of them. I haven't gotten it working well enough in QA yet to try the UPDATE or INSERT queries.
So my questions:
* Is this caused by running the V5R4 Client against a 6.1 server?
* Is there some configuration setting somewhere that would fix it?
* Should I spend my time correcting this on the QA box, when the production server has Client 6.1 already installed? (The production box was built to my specs.)
Any advice would be appreciated.
Bob Evans Farms, Inc
Notice from Bob Evans Farms, Inc: This e-mail message, including any attachments, may contain confidential information that is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and any attachments.
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l