Hi,

Please help me understand this :

OPNQRYF FILE((FMT01)) FORMAT(QTEMP/T040) +
QRYSLT(&QRYSLT) +
MAPFLD((IAGT ACDA) (IAD CAD) +
(IRTR A1AG) (IGRP CGR)) +
OPNID(T040)
CPYFRMQRYF FROMOPNID(T040) TOFILE(QTEMP/T040) +
MBROPT(*REPLACE)
CLOF OPNID(T040)

OVRDBF FILE(FMT01A) TOFILE(FMT01) SHARE(*YES)
OPNQRYF FILE((FMT01A) (QTEMP/T040)) +
FORMAT(FMT01 FMT1F1) KEYFLD(*FILE) +
JFLD((1/AID 2/IID *EQ)) OPNID(FMT01A)

CALL PGM(myRPG)

MyRPG :
FFMT01A IP E K DISK

It looks to me like the 1st OPNQRYF copies a client (&QRYSLT has a client
number coded) from FMT01 to QTEMP/T040. The second OPNQRYF then joins
QTEMP/T040 back to FMT01 (client file).

Does the the second QRYF, FMT01A, have all the fields of FMT01 +
QTEMP/T040?

The RPG is compiled on file FMT01 by running a OVRDBF FILE(FMT01A)
TOFILE(FMT01) before the compile command. So it can't know anything about
the fields in the file QTEMP/T040.

Does OVRDBF FILE(FMT01A) TOFILE(FMT01) SHARE(*YES) mean that MyRPG will
only "see" the fields in the QRYF FMT01A that are in the file FMT01?