IBM is only the biggest if you don't count Google, Apple, Oracle, Microsoft, Dell, Lenovo, Yahoo, etc, etc, and all the other organizations that touch the IT world.

Don't get me wrong IBM is doing a great thing here, but it could come back to bite them if stuff starts to abend all over the place, as SQL is so widely used in iseries shops.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Ryan
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 10:33 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: new IBM RUNSQL command

You can if you're the biggest.

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Bryan Dietz <bdietz400@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I second your concerns!!
I made similar, although not as eloquent, comments on the article.

When you come late to the party should you be able to set the theme?

Bryan

Stone, Joel said the following on 3/30/2012 11:15 AM:
http://www.mcpressonline.com/cl/the-cl-corner-introducing-the-new-run-sql-command.html

Thanks for the great article Bruce!
One question - hundreds of custom RUNSQL type commands have been custom-built at hundreds of iseries shops over the years.
These commands are used in production.
How can shops ensure old CL runs will continue to call their home-grown RUNSQL command (instead of the new IBM RUNSQL command?)
This will surely cause havoc in many shop, as parm names will not match and abends will occur in production jobs, some without source (for packages, etc).

<snip>