On 25-Mar-2012 06:16 , Raja Ayyer wrote:

Hi Vern, Sorry that I didn't know about the colors. I am forwarding
you my reply to Chuck.

Hi Chuck,
Thanks for your below message.

Please read my answers in red to your questions below:

CRPence on Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:49:03 -0700 wrote:
On 24-Mar-2012 01:44 , Raja Ayyer wrote:
<<SNIP>> a question re OPNQRYF: One of my CL program creates 2
temporary files in QTEMP:

<<SNIP>>

While my posts may come from a [yahoo] mail server, I do not use that e-mail account to view replies. I utilize a NewsReader accessing the message threads via the NewsGroup from midrange.com using: news://news.midrange.com

The NewsGroups are "text only". Thus for people to be able to read the messages, all messages should be composed and posted using "plain text" options with USENET style quoting\indenting, and no attachments.

For those participating via the email list(s), a private copy is [mostly] redundant, and for those participating via the NG, they [as I] do not want to have to redirect to emails just to see what someone had to say... because the /plain text/ version was somehow garbled.

Regardless, whatever email client is being utilized apparently does include USENET quoting, but has the replies appearing as embedded within the text of the prior quoted text. So minimally, *please* adjust the composition of any replies to *always* insert a blank line prior to any text that will be provided as a response\reply to any prior quoted text. That should prevent your replies from being muddled; i.e. being presented as part of the text of prior message(s) instead of appearing conspicuously as a reply to prior message(s).

Regards, Chuck