Thanks to Frank for clarification and sharing.

I'm wondering if the new watch feature is any use in his situation - any message can be watched for from any job - and a program called to handle the event. No need to wait on a message queue.

You can also watch for lower-level events, like PAL (product activity log) and more.

V5R3 at least, I believe.

HTH
Vern