The following is not a request it is a fyi.
If you knew this already, my apologies.
Also some may reply why did I not read the manual, well I did,
But my understanding was completely different to what is implied QSYSMSG
does.

Are you under the impression that QSYSMSG gets all CRITICAL messages.
It is not so.
The ONLY messages sent to QSYSMSG is what is listed in an IBM manual.
This makes QSYSMSG as useful as the proverbial .....

We set up a monitor on QSYSMSG think Ah Ha the Critical messages are now
monitored.
But we got this message on QSYSOPR, nothing on QSYSMSG.
Message ID . . . . . . : CPPEA56 Severity . . . . . . . :
99
Message type . . . . . :
Information
Date sent . . . . . . : 13/03/12 Time sent . . . . . . :
10:10:58

Message . . . . : *Attention* Contact your hardware service provider
now.
Cause . . . . . : A power or cooling subsystem error
occurred.
Recovery . . . : Contact your hardware service provider and provide
the
following list of possible failing
items:

PWRSPLY

45D9617

CBLALL¬

Sent a question to IBM, this is the reply.
================================
Concerning the MSG CPP EA56 and asking why it does not got to QSYSMSG Q .
The operating system decides where the CPPEAxx message should go. Some go
to QSYSMSG message queue, if it is created by the customer.
See url:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rbam6/msmqu.htmfor
a list of message send to QSYSMSG

The CPPEA56 is not listed here.
The SRC definition has a special flag ' critical ' that will cause the
message to go to QSYSMSG. The customer can not change that attribute
OK back to the drawing board, and redesign the monitor to work over
QSYSOPR as well as the QSYSMSG Qs,
this is a farce, I should never have set up QSYSMSG, thanks IBM for not
very much.

Frank Kolmann