or, to append:

sFTp -v user@xxxxxxxx >>logfile.txt

Jerry

On 3/13/2012 11:35 AM, Mark Walter wrote:
Does overriding OUTPUT to a file work with sFTP?

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kirk Goins
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 2:34 PM
To: Midrange-L
Subject: Logging sFTP to a file

I have a client that from time to time has a failure running an upload.
They use a menu option to call a CL that creates the file to be uploaded
and then does the sFTP with a Expect script. I want to capture the session
to a log file. I know I can do sFTp -v user@xxxxxxxx to gen debug output
and use more v's to increase the debug level. I don't want that part to go
to the screen.

What would be the proper way to create/capture the debug/log info without
filling the user's display with it? Or can that be done when running
interactively?

Thanks

This thread ...