From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
franz400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 1:46 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: sql joins with or logic - performance

SQL requests from .net app where joins have "or" logic

Select aa,bb,cc,dd from parts inner join secmast on secuser= ?
and (secmast.loc = parts.loc or secmast.loc = ?) and (secmast.type =
parts.type or secmast.type = ?) where parts.desc like ?

Visual Explain is showing over 1,000,000 ms in Final Select
v6r1

Is "or" logic in a join an issue? Their app allowing user to select a
single loc or "all" locs, same for type.
Jim Franz