From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 8:39 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: System i signon to iNav

It all depends. For example, if you are using iNav to run DNS server on

your i then you'll need Godlike authority on the system. Which went
over
really well with people here with 20+ years experience in our department

who don't have that but an outside network consultant who wouldn't know
WRKSPLF if it stared him in the face, does.

So basically, it depends on the individual service they are trying to
use
in iNav.

Other factors to consider:
- What ports are blocked from this person? Check the wiki and IBM
infocenter and whatnot for what ports are needed by various functions of

iNav.
- We don't use SSL here for local users (ducking and running, in a
serpentine fashion). So, if you have some stuff set up that way you may

notice that.