Sorry for those who wil lsee the HUGE TEXT.. I told GMAIL to shrink the
darn text and it looked good until I hit send...

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Kirk Goins <kirkgoins@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here's is a link and a partial quote from that link

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp?topic=%2Frzam8%2Frzam8userentitlements.htm

and a partial quote
An i5/OS user is a person who accesses the i5/OS operating system through
one or more connections. The user exchanges credentials (user
identifications) either directly with the operating system, or indirectly
through application or middleware software that is supported by the
operating system. On System i models that offer user entitlements, you
must acquire entitlements for the maximum number of i5/OS users who are
authenticated on the system at the same time (concurrent i5/OS users).

I also have doc called

*System i Express and i5/OS Licensing by User Frequently Asked Questions*
dated 05/2007. Here are 3 questions and answers
79. With Domino on i5/OS, users authenticate with Domino, not i5/OS. My
customer has 30 concurrent Domino users, how many i5/OS User Entitlements
are required?

30 i5/OS User Entitlements.

81. When running SAP on System i, SAP users are invisible to i5/OS.
How many i5/OS User Entitlements are required for 20 concurrent SAP users?

20 i5/OS User Entitlements
82. My customer has an application where users are invisible to
i5/OS. How many i5/OS User Entitlements are required for 50 concurrent
application users?

50 i5/OS User Entitlements

If anyone can find a link to this doc online, please share it