To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Kirk Goins
Date: 12/13/2011 01:13PM
Subject: Re: Number of Used Seats Audit

Remember OS licenses are NOT by Session. They are by Persons. Example 'I'
can sign on from 4 different PCs at my desk and start 4 sessions on each of
those devices all with a different user profiles( 16 sessions and profiles
total ) but 'I' only need '1' license as long as no one else uses all those
sessions. OS also only counts profiles that do not start with a 'Q' when it
calcs the number of users ( profiles )