From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Morgan, Paul
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 9:54 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: System library list

Richard,

Every job shares the system library list. If you have a library that must be in every job's library list then put it on the system library list.

If you have many job descriptions with library lists it can become difficult to modify every job description to add a new library. It's easier to add the library to the system library list. It could be an authority problem where someone can modify the system library list but can't modify the job descriptions.

The user library list is limited in length. You might have to add a library to the system library list to get around this limitation.

The system library list is above the user library list. Adding a library it to the system library list puts it above any other library on the user library list.

Paul Morgan