On 08-Nov-2011 18:25 , Sam_L wrote:
Replying to my own message to perhaps clarify the discussion. Here's
what I found.

I created a QDFTJRN data area in the target test library. The
important value is "*RSTOVRJRN" which will "Override the saved
object's journal and start journaling to the journal name in this
QDFTJRN data area when the object is restored into the library"

I opted to start journaling to a journal that I created just for the
test library. If I used a journal that didn't exist, then the objects
were not journaled, so this is also an option. (Using lower case for
the journal name has the same effect.)

<<SNIP>>

If the presumed loss of support for QDFTJRN in a later release [as mentioned in a prior reply in this thread] is an apparent loss of that capability to stop journaling upon restore, due to an inability of the STRJRNLIB and supported attribute changes with that newer feature to effect same, then probably best to pursue resolution sooner rather than later. I have the impression that STRJRNLIB will not allow naming a non-existent JRN() because the *LIB object is [deposited as] a journaled object, and so even pre-creating a library and STRJRNLIB at the target system may not assist.?

Regards, Chuck