Can I allocate the library? or should I go to the console and use "ENDSBS *ALL"?

CRPence wrote:

I tried to be clear... There is no way [that I know] for a user to "lock" the database files to prevent locks in other jobs. The attempt to "ALCOBJ *EXCL" is insufficient to prevent conflicts. That "allocate object" request will only obtain a *SHRRD lock on the *FILE and the *MEM objects; the *EXCL lock is obtained only on the data. Because the locks on the file and member are only read-locks [and thus allow sharing], any other job could hold a lock. Any lock held by another job is in-conflict with the *EXCL lock that must be obtained by the database [for the add constraint activity] on the *FILE and the *MEM objects, and [I presume also] the data. So even after a successful attempt to ALCOBJ ((thelib/theparent *FILE *EXCL *first)), there may be other lock holders presented on the output from a request to WRKOBJLCK thelib/theparent *file MBR(*ALL)

Regards, Chuck