Yowsie. Cryptography is confusig enough without adding this to the mix! Here's hoping it's finally resolved!

(That sounds like another software company, not like IBM, by the way.)
++
Dennis
++
"Advertising may be described as the science of arresting the human intelligence long enough to get money from it."
-- Stephen Leacock

Sent from my Galaxy tablet phone. Please excuse my brevity.
For any grammatic/spelling errors, there is no excuse.
++

"Vern Hamberg" <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

To all who might need this information - turns out that before V5R4,
licensed product 5722-AC3 was required to use the encryption
algorithms.
Apparently the export restriction was lifted, and V5R4 and later have
the algorithms in the operating system - this is why 57xx-AC3 was
pulled, I suppose.

Now another wrinkle - we DO have AC3 on our V5R1 box - yet the extra
algorithms did not show up. Turns out there was a problem where the MI
stuff that AC3 modified/added could get lost, usually when moving from
one machine to another.

One solution is to SAVLICPGM/DLTLICPGM/RSTLICPGM - the note I saw said
that the self-certificates had to be rebuilt.

HTH
Vern