To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jeff Young
Date: 10/03/2011 02:46PM
Subject: Re: SQL Difference in V7 vs V6 not in memo to users

 'SELECT NBCMP, NBMO, NBMOSQ, NBSEQ,
 NBITEM, NBDSC1, NBLOC, NBUM, NBMODT
  NBDUE, NBMQTY, NBCQTY, NBDQTY, NBCOR, IFPLAN, NBDEL FROM VMODETL, VINITMB
COALESCE(RTHROUT,'' '') FROM
VMODETL JOIN VINITMB ON
NBCMP = IFCOMP
AND NBLOC = IFLOC
AND NBITEM = IFITEM
LEFT OUTER JOIN
FROHEAD ON NBCMP = RTHCMP-
AND NBCOOR = RTHORD
AND NBCOBO = RTHBOCD'
Where the fields with NB are in VMODETL, the fields with IF are in VINITMB
and the fields with RTH are in FROHEAD.
On V6R1, this statement works just fine,
On V7R1, it does not like the fields with "NB" on the Left Outer Join.
If I reverse the order of files VMODETL and VINITMB, it works just fine.