Hi, Vern:

Not what you requested, but I found this V5R2 CIPHER instruction
documentation at
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/info/mi/CIPHER.htm

I hope it is of some benefit.

Dennis Lovelady
Thought for the day:
"Smile", they said, "it could be worse!" So I did, and it was.

Scott Klement has some code that displays which algorithms are supported
on the release you are running. At V5R1, there are only 4 of them (MAC,
MD5, SHA-1, and DES (two-way).

At V5R3 there are 10 more.

I need to know what the algorithms are at V5R2 - maybe it's documented
somewhere, I looked in MTU - nothing there. I don't have the MI docs for
CIPHER at V5R2, InfoCenter doesn't have them anywhere that're obvious to
me.

Here is an amended version of Scott's code, usable at V5R1 and on - his
takes advantage of LIKEDS in data structure subfields, which wasn't
available that far back.

Maybe someone still has a V5R2 system/partition - if so, please compile
and run this code and let me know the results.

Much appreciated!
Vern

H DFTACTGRP(*NO) BNDDIR('QC2LE')

D Crypto_Attr_T ds qualified based(ptrCryptoAttr)
D algorithm 2A
D key_length 5I 0
D bitflags 2A

D MMTR_01C8_T ds qualified based(ptrMMTR01C8)
D numEntries 5I 0
D entries like(Crypto_Attr_T) dim(100)

D MMTR_Template_T...
D ds qualified based(Template_Only)
D Template_Size 10I 0
D Bytes_Used 10I 0
D Crypto_Attrs like(MMTR_01C8_T)

D MMTR_CRYTPOGRAPHY...
D C 456

D GetAlgName PR 45A varying
D Algorithm 2A const

D matmatr pr extproc('matmatr')
D receiver likeds(MMTR_Template_T)
D attr 5I 0 value

D r ds likeds(MMTR_TEMPLATE_T)
D x s 10I 0
D msg s 52A

/free

ptrMMTR01C8 = %addr(r.Crypto_Attrs);

r.Template_Size = %size(r);
matmatr(r: MMTR_CRYTPOGRAPHY);

for x = 1 to MMTR_01C8_T.numEntries;
ptrCryptoAttr = %addr(MMTR_01C8_T.entries(x));

msg = %char(Crypto_Attr_T.key_length) + '-bit ' +
GetAlgName(Crypto_Attr_T.algorithm);
dsply msg;
endfor;

*inlr = *on;

/end-free

*+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
* GetAlgName(): Get Algorithm Name
*
* Algorithm -- Algorithm returned by MATMATR MI function
*
* Returns a human-readable algorithm name
*+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
P GetAlgName B
D GetAlgName PI 45A varying
D Algorithm 2A const
/free

select;
when Algorithm = x'0001';
return 'MAC - Message Authentication Code';

when Algorithm = x'0002';
return 'MD5';

when Algorithm = x'0003';
return 'SHA-1 - Secure Hash Algorithm';

when Algorithm = x'0004';
return 'DES (one-way) - Data Encryption Standard';

when Algorithm = x'0005';
return 'DES (two-way) - Data Encryption Standard';

when Algorithm = x'0006';
return 'RC4';

when Algorithm = x'0007';
return 'RC5';

when Algorithm = x'0008';
return 'DESX';

when Algorithm = x'0009';
return '3DES - Triple DES';

when Algorithm = x'000A';
return 'DSA - Digital Signature Algorithm';

when Algorithm = x'000B';
return 'RSA - Rivest/Shamir/Adleman';

when Algorithm = x'000C';
return 'Diffie-Hellman';

when Algorithm = x'000D';
return 'CDMF - Commercial Data Masking Facility';

when Algorithm = x'000E';
return 'RC2';

when Algorithm = x'000F';
return 'AES - Advanced Encryption Standard';

other;
return 'Unknown';
endsl;

/end-free