Did you have any problem with the CCSID of the PDF file? When I tried
this several weeks ago, the PDF file was created with a CCSID of 65535.
When I moved it to the desktop, it could not be opened with the Adobe
reader. When I opened the file with Notepad, it was garbage.

My solution to this was to create a generic file (temp.pdf) with a CCSID
of 1252 and user CPYSPLF with *REPLACE. Now when the PDF is created with
CPYSPLF, I target the generic file. Then I CPY the generic file to the
specific file name and now it has the CCSID of 1252. Then when I move it
to the desktop, the Adobe reader can read and display the file.

Does anyone know of any way to use CPYSPLF to and IFS PDF file and
control the CCSID? I would like to do this in one step rather than two.
If the generic file were to be accidentally deleted, then all the PDFs
created after that would not be readable. I sense a disaster in the
future. And I would really like to dodge that bullet.

Marvin
------------------------------

message: 2
date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 17:01:44 -0400
from: Pat Barber <mboceanside@xxxxxxx>
subject: Creating PDF's with little or no work

For those who have not tried this pdf creation, it's a neat little, no
cost, way to get
some pretty good results.

Using the IBM document:

http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/acf2ee1e9d64b16e8625680b0002038
9/2bd8020c496ae912862575f400640da6?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,pdf

In a couple of hours:

1. Install 5770TS1 from V7R1 cd B_Groupx_04
(It is also available on V6R1

2. Modify a very simple application like this:

PGM
OVRPRTF FILE(QPDSPLIB) DEVTYPE(*AFPDS) PAGESIZE(66 +
85) LPI(6) CPI(10) PAGRTT(0) +
FORMTYPE(DSPLIB) USRDTA(USERDATA) +
SPLFNAME(DSPLIB) TOSTMF('/home/patrick') +
WSCST(*PDF)
DSPLIB LIB(QGPL) OUTPUT(*PRINT)
ENDPGM

The basic changes are: devtype=*afpds
tostmf='/yourfolder'
wscst=*pdf

3.Check the results and be surprised at how easy this really is.

4. It even works with old S/36 OCL.

You will have play with ovrprtf a little to get expected results.

I am sort of surprised at how easy this is/was...