Chances are good that you could have irritated a few users and maybe a few noticed a 'freeze'. The good news is that if you did it fast enough IP retries kept things alive. You should have done just one physical line at a time, but if it worked, good deal!!

- DrFranken

On 9/26/2011 3:26 PM, fbocch2595@xxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks Larry. I'm all set. I thought that since I'm using *VIRTUALIP I could only vary off 1 ETH line at a time but I was able to end both lines on the *VIRTUALIP, make the changes then activate them.
Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: DrFranken<midrange@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, Sep 26, 2011 3:11 pm
Subject: Re: Changing interfaces/ETH

Not unless you have multiple lines with virtual IP redundancy. You are
hanging something at Layer 0 in the network so that will necessitate
hat the line be varied off and back on, which of course means that any
P interfaces ON THAT LINE will also have to be restarted as well.
irtual IP addresses that can float to another line while this one is
own are not affected.
When making such changes be sure to verify that the speed and duplex
hat the i reports and speed and duplex the switch reports are
dentical. Also while you're at it, change the CMNRCYLMT parm to (1 0)
iving you infinite retries on that line.
- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis