Hi,

SQL does not have a scalar function to do so, but you easily can write your
own function.
I just wrote an UDF that scans for characters < x'00' and returns the
position of the first occurrence otherwise it returns 0:

CREATE FUNCTION MySchema/InvalidHex (
ParString VarCHAR(1024) )
RETURNS Integer
LANGUAGE SQL
SPECIFIC MySchema/InvalidHex
NOT DETERMINISTIC
READS SQL DATA
CALLED ON NULL INPUT
BEGIN

Declare Pos Integer Default 1;
Declare Len Integer;

Set ParString = Trim(ParString);
Set Len = Length(ParString);

If Len <= 0 then Return 0;
End If;

While Pos <= Len Do
If Substr(ParString, Pos, 1) < x'40' Then Return Pos;
End If;
Set Pos = Pos + 1;
End While;

Return 0;