Over the years, we've had many issues with remote OUTQs, then we simply switched to use CRTDEVPRT to create remote printers attached to a Remote Location Name (IP address), now we have no issues at all and you can treat them as regular printers.

You can also try to do TELNET to your remote IP+PORT from your IBMi; if there is communication, it should show a black screen or print a escape string on paper at least.

jmerinoh

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gary Kuznitz
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2011 12:48 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Can't print to remote outq

I can't seem to print to a remote outq and I can't figure out why.

I setup a remote outq with this CLP:
PGM
ENDWTR WTR(HP990) OPTION(*IMMED)
MONMSG MSGID(CPf3313) /* Writer HP5IP not active +
nor on job queue. */

DLYJOB DLY(15)
CLROUTQ OUTQ(HP990)
MONMSG MSGID(CPF3357) /* Output queue In Library +
*LIBL not found. */

DLTOUTQ OUTQ(QUSRSYS/HP990)
MONMSG MSGID(CPF2105) /* Object in QUSRSYS type +
*OUTQ not found. */

CRTOUTQ OUTQ(QUSRSYS/HP990) RMTSYS(*INTNETADR) +
RMTPRTQ(HP990) AUTOSTRWTR(1) CNNTYPE(*IP) +
DESTTYPE(*OTHER) MFRTYPMDL(*HP4000) +
INTNETADR('75.79.xxx.xxx') DESTOPT('xaix +
xautoq') SEPPAGE(*NO) TEXT('Remote Print +
Manager to PDF') AUTCHK(*DTAAUT)
ENDPGM
Of course the xxx.xxx has a valid IP address.

In WrkActJob it has a writer in QSPL
Work with Remote Writer

Writer . . . . . . . : HP990 User . . . . . . . . : QSPLJOB
Number . . . . . . . : 161306

Started by user . . . . . . . . . . . : QSECOFR
Waiting on message . . . . . . . . . : N
Held . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : N
End pending . . . . . . . . . . . . : N
Hold pending . . . . . . . . . . . . : N
Between files . . . . . . . . . . . : N
On job queue . . . . . . . . . . . . : N
File being written . . . . . . . . . . : QPQUPRFIL
File number . . . . . . . . . . . . : 1

It has a spool job that it's trying to write.

The outq shows it's ready to write:
HP990 QUSRSYS 1 HP990 RLS

Work with Output Queue

Queue: HP990 Library: QUSRSYS Status: RLS/WTR

Opt File User User Data Sts Pages Copies Form Type Pty
QPQUPRFIL GARYT SND 2 1 *STD 5

I have a packet monitor on the LAN of the AS/400 that shows no packets are coming
from the AS/400. I don't have a firewall on the AS/400. It is connected through a
hub to the router. I am using Client access remotely through the same router and I do
see port 23 traffic.

I have had this working in the past. Any ideas why the AS/400 model 150 wouldn't be
sending the spool file?

Thanks,

Gary Kuznitz