Rob,

I think the last thing you want to do is reset your FSP. That is a last resort action only used when the HMC and FSP loose communications. While not that hard, also not advised unless you have done it before. The FSP goes back to factory reset when you do that. You would have to reset all of the passwords and network communications for the HMC/FSP. Again not hard and I have done it many times, but know what your in for first. Also, the "pin hole" is in different locations depending on the system. For instance on a P5 550 you have to take all the power supplies, fans, etc out to get at the little dip switch that resets the FSP. That's only one version. Where is it on your box? IBM has been consistently inconsistent with the location of the reset. Don't even talk about dual FSPs. I think you get the point. If that's what you need to do, it's best to get your IBM CE to help, or Larry, me, Pete, etc......

Was the UPS cable from IBM? There are a few different part numbers but they are all the same cable. My guess is there was not enough powered off time for the change to take.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects