A very gross estimate as entries can vary a lot depending on workload. Today we will have about 3 million entries in the four receivers we have setup. We put all files in one of 4 journals. We have a 250MB internet connection.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Oberholtzer
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2011 6:58 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Doing remote journals to the cloud

That depends on the total volume of the journals and the size of the communications connection. Moving transaction by transaction all day requires a much smaller connection than downloading large journals all at once. I help manage several systems for smaller customer that would not be able to move all of the journals needed for a recovery overnight. It would be faster to move a tape. Hence my question about volume of transactions/size of journal and speed of the communications link vs. the recovery time requirement.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects