Bill,

Thanks. I tried it with both *HP4000 and *HP5 with the same baffling
results. For lack of anything else to blame it on (other than my own
inadequacies which are well documented) I'm leaning towards the print server
box's configuration.

We bought this printer from my previous employer when he closed his doors.
I installed the same CL here that we used there to create the device
description. But the previous employer was running V5R4 while we're on V5R1
here. On the other hand at the old employer we ran it on V4R4 and then V5R1
on a 720 (washing machine).

But, then, just getting a Twinax printer to work on this network was a
challenge. I've had two people (other than the guy who set it up) look at
the network. Both were baffled. The "network" guy (the owner's son) always
says it's an AS/400 issue.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM i Programmer/Analyst
You don't need to be "straight" to fight and die for your country. You just
need to shoot straight. -Barry Goldwater, author of "Conscience of a
Conservative" in a letter to the Washington Post on 10 June 1993.
--
A&K Wholesale
Murfreesboro, TN