<<If you do it this way, expect poor performance when the trigger is
fired multiple times in a single job...

ie. a batch update on the triggered file.

Particularly if the program is in RPG IV (RPG IV dynamic call is more
costly than an RPG III dynamic call)>>

One advantage of my trigger mediator is that the initial function is a piece
of C code. I am sure it gives better performance but how much I really
couldn't say.