Hi

Thanks for all the suggestions. We finally have a solution that
actually worked. The differences in sizes for the IFS was actually not
important.

IBM at one point suggested saving, deleting and restoring the files that
we suspect to be problematic. Since we were not sure if the files we
highlighted was related to the storage problem, we decided to save,
delete and restore the entire QUSRBRM, but it did not help at all
(storage dropped about 1.5%).

We then tried this for the 10 biggest libraries on the system, and each
time the storage reduction was normal, ie we did not see more storage
released than what the PRTDSKINF showed allocated to the library in its
report.

Today we decided to run another RCLSTG after all this saving, deleting
and restoring, and it worked. The storage is now down to 78%, which is
what we expect it to be. The RTVDSKINF actually now shows the final
totals correct again:

% of Size in
Description Disk 1,000,000 bytes
User libraries 17.52 111294.95
User directories 56.90 361367.63
Folders and documents .00 .16
QSYS .38 2427.21
Other IBM libraries 1.36 8648.03
Licensed Internal Code 1.14 7259.25
Temporary space .85 5407.15
Unused space 21.84 138675.89
System internal objects .04 222.73
Objects not in a library .00 .00
TOTAL 100.03 635303.00

Unfortunately, we have no idea which of the libraries that we processed
here was the actual culprit, but at least we now have an improvement
again. We will have to see how long it takes for storage to stay like
this, but we are hopeful.

Regards

Pieter

The information contained in this email is confidential and may contain proprietary information. It is meant solely for the intended recipient. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted in reliance on this, is prohibited and may be unlawful. No liability or responsibility is accepted if information or data is, for whatever reason corrupted or does not reach its intended recipient. No warranty is given that this email is free of viruses. The views expressed in this email are, unless otherwise stated, those of the author and not those of HYPHEN Technology (Pty) Ltd or its management. HYPHEN Technology (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to monitor, intercept and block emails addressed to its users or take any other action in accordance with its email use policy.