How is the message being created? Is it possible to share the headers of that message (sans any personal details) with the group?

I've seen a couple of issues like this. One was at a large US Government site, that was black-listed by Verizon. Not pretty, and only a policy change at Verizon cleared it up. I don't remember the details behind the isssue - had something to do with sender domain or sending server's CNAME record, I think, though. Anyway, the apparent effect was that any mail that server sent could be received, except by VZ customers.

The other is DNS/Routing, though this is pretty rare. A DNS at one installation had invalid information for a large recipient server, like Cox.

Might want to check the spam rules and any mailbox options at the Cox site too.

Good luck.

"jmmckee" <jmmckee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was asked, to ask, if anybody has seen this.

Guy here attempts to send an email from the i to his personal email
account at cox.net. Never gets it. He can have the i send to my
personal email and all is well. He can send an email from Outlook to
his Cox account, and that goes through as well.

I have suggested to him that Cox may be doing address verification, and
that what he has chosen for a sender name does not match, exactly, the
registered name in the mail server. The i is NOT the mail server.

Any ideas as to why a mail generated from Outlook would go through to
Cox, but not from the i?

MAILTOOL would be nice, but not likely an option.

John McKee
list