Joe

Look up "Schowler route" and see if that can help you. It's and i-specific thing, however. They do let you specify an interface to talk to a specific IP address.

A presentation on Virtual IP -
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wikis/download/attachments/16253354/VirtualIP.pdf?version=1

General KB on them -
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas1eb95209430bbcb7486256d170047484a

Looks as if there is a redbook, too, SG24-6718, that might help - iSeries IP networks: Dynamic!

HTH
Vern