We are looking into a process to notify doctors, via email, when one of their patients has been admitted. When a patient is admitted, a record is written to a log file. Current idea being tossed around is to read the log file from the previous day and srnd emails as needed. I thought this might be an ideal application for a trigger program. I could see the trigger getting fired on a write to the log file. All I would want to do is pass the data to be written to a program and the program would either send or not send an email. From looking at some documentation, I see that there is space for a before and an after image.

These sound like dumb questions to me: Is it as simple as referencing the log file as an external data structure? Then, moving the after image to that data structure?

John McKee

This thread ...