Hi Alan,

The base64 routine in HTTPAPI is intended for use internally within HTTPAPI. If you change the code so that you can call it directly, I will not support that change.

I put a great deal of effort into maintaining backward compatibility between releases of HTTPAPI, and I make no promises whatsoever that I will keep the base64 routine backward compatible, or even continue to include it with HTTPAPI. It's an internal routine, so all bets are off.

Please consider either using my base64r4 project, or the base64 function that's included in the IBM i operating system, instead.