Upgraded to V7R1 over the weekend. I tested email sending yesterday by
sending emails to my gmail address and it worked, so I thought all was well.
It was not.
The System i was unable to send emails this morning to anyone with a
dilgardfoods.com email address. I opened a PMR with IBM and they solved it.
Among the many parameters on the CHGSMTPA ("Change SMTP Attributes") command
on the System i, there are 2 parameters that confuse customers. They are:
1) "Mail router" which was set to oursmtprelay.nottellingyou.blahblah. This
parameter tells the System i "Where should I send mail when I can't resolve
2) "Forwarding mailhub server" which specifies where ALL mail should be
sent. This was blank.
He said customers tend to see "mail router" and think all mail will be sent
there. Not the case. We put oursmtprelay.nottellingyou.blahblah in the
forwarding mailhub server parameter as well because that's where we want all
email to go. Cycled SMTP and all was well.
Evidently something changed from V6R1 to V7R1 in the functionality of these