Jerry,

Ran IBM's example in our system (V5R3) and it worked perfectly, even when
compiled to run with TGTRLS(V5R2M0). Could it be something in your PC
config?

Regards,

Luis Rodriguez

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Jerry C. Adams <midrange@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Nope, Mark, same results.

However, I was finally able to get with one of the guys who developed our
POS. When they ran the program at the stores, it returned the correct
(static) IP address. After much musing and scratching of heads, we figured
that the address that I got locally was the router here. The PCs in the
office are configured to obtain an address automagically. But why it is
returning the router's address rather than 192.168.1.110, which is what I
see when I run ipconfig, is beyond me.

But it does work, as I said, when run from the retail stores' PCs.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM i Programmer/Analyst
It would depend upon how well she was hitting. -Early Wynne when asked if
he
would throw at his own mother
--
A&K Wholesale